moment of clarity

warning: this contains truth and fiction. the lines are meant to be extremely blurred.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Damn Lucky Garfield

I force myself to read and understand Income Taxation as thunder warns me of the raging storm that's about to come. I cramp all the information I could into my tired brain as I ignore the fact that my whole being wants to do something else, any thing other than this. I could just imagine how the warmth of the coffee mug in my hand and thick socks on my feet would feel. Instead of being with books and readings I could be in bed with my lethargic and overslept Garfield stuffy right now.

I read the first paragraph I wrote and realize how lengthy my sentences were. I am really tired. I want to go home. I can see it already. I will open the door, relieve myself in the CR, run upstairs, throw my bag and jump into bed. I will hug Garfield whom I missed and envied so much. I will remove my jacket, turn on the radio and sing my heart out. Sad, melancholic songs. Angsty, angry and frustrated...that's how I will sound for about three to nine minutes. When that's done I will shift to my perky, bright and sunny mood. Insane, indeed I am.

I'm walkin on sunshine, oh oh ooh...I will be eating the chocolates I've stored and almost forgotten about. Ah, bliss. Women and chocolates. I will dance my lazy ass until I've satisfied the party animal in me. It's been a long time since I last got jiggy (Will Smith, yummy). Libis was the place. It felt liberating to set aside books and readings just to be with friends and enjoy myself. It was refreshing to stay awake until the morning came, not for the purpose of reviewing for class. That was ages ago, though.

Today, I sit here and take a few minutes away from my study desk. The text I'm reading is just too boring. And, the computer was too tempting. This week I am to study for and get passing marks for a few exams. This month, I have to exert all energy I got to get by until the semester ends. This semester will determine whether or not I shall become untouchable and will actually get to graduate in a year. 23 has proved to be a really difficult and fun age. My 23rd year has been pretty contemplative. How I will handle the 24th might just be determinative of how the rest of my life will be. Scary thought there.

Speaking of scary thoughts, I will force myself to hit the books now. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to answer anything. Why, oh why, do I need to study Taxation? My Professor, in response to this query, said 'After all, death and taxes are the only things certain in this life'. And I say, there's just too much life out there I am missing on just to learn Tax. I wouldn't be surprised if I die of boredom here. Thunder roars again teasingly, reminding me of sleep, my alternative lifestyle, and how deprived of it I am these days. Damn lucky Garfield!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home