moment of clarity

warning: this contains truth and fiction. the lines are meant to be extremely blurred.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

forbiddance

on the eve of a farewell
i let you hold my hand firmly
dusk settles the day's worries
but the moon sees my heart in shambles

gently it reveals stirring in the shadows
as i let go of my sanity and lose myself
thoughts shackled and orphaned feelings

i ask you a question with my eyes
you refuse to surrender and turn away
the evening sounds are hushed
the moment bound and held at bay

pining for something that stays out of reach
i decide that the waiting has to stop
summon forth my heart to teach
to let free this burden drop

the evening is a blanket around me
my solitude waxes and wanes
the stars gather fondly
watch warmth as it drains

the breeze wrestles away
the vain hopes of the day
as my words are lost
in the silence of our estrangement
we should know the cost
of keeping hearts in fetters.

*co-written with a seat mate in law school
...we were bored
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home